Surrey Police Budget Capping

have your say about Surrey Police

Surrey Police Budget Capping

Postby Gino » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 am

I need your help, some of you may have heard the news about the cutting back of jobs in Surrey Police, this was sent to me earlier today and a petition has been set up – we need to get as many signatures as possible so please spread the word to all your contact lists, friends, face book and so on
You may have seen in the news recently that the Government is trying to cut the budget for policing in Surrey this year by £1.6m. This will result in 50 officer & staff jobs being lost, on top of the 144 already being taken out this year. Functions to be hit will include Safer Neighbourhood Teams providing crime prevention advice in local schools, Special Branch, Major Investigations and Roads Policing. We believe that cutting the budget of a top performing police force that is already accepted by the Government as "providing excellent value for money to the taxpayer" makes no sense at all, and is not in the best interests of the people of Surrey.

We have started a petition on the Surrey Police Authority website for local people to register their support for our campaign against these cuts and I was wondering if you would be able to circulate the link to the petition to Gay Surrey subscribers? We've had an amazing response so far - since we launched the petition on Thursday last week, more than 3,100 people have signed up, and more are signing at a rapid rate.

The petition can be found at: www.surreypa.gov.uk/petition.asp
Gino

Return to Surrey Police