Modern slavery could be happening in your community so it’s important you know the signs that could indicate someone is a victim of this crime.
The signs aren’t always obvious but there are some that you may notice:
- do they look scruffy, malnourished or injured?
- are they acting anxious, afraid or unable to make eye contact?
- are they doing long hours, wearing unsuitable clothing or have the wrong equipment for the job?
- is where they are living overcrowded, poorly maintained or are the curtains always closed?
- do they behave like they’re being instructed by someone else, picked up/dropped off at the same time and place every day or don’t have access to money or identification?